After a year of delay and several extra drafts, the AS9100:2016 Rev D was published in September 2016. This revised version of the Aerospace Quality Management System encompasses ISO 9001:2015 and adds the QMS requirements for aerospace and defence industries (approx. 105 additional requirements). Some of the significant changes include the High-Level Structure (HSL) change. Also, there is the addition of Context, Interested-party expectations, and risk-based thinking as three of the biggest changes in the standard.
In 2014, Omega Engineering Services, added the AS9100 Rev C accreditation to its portfolio with a clear 100% external audit and has since held the certification.
Amie Hewlett, QHSE Officer, comments:
“In August 2017 Omega Engineering Services took the step of being one of the first companies in the UK to be audited to the new Rev D standard, which included 6 ‘man’ days of audits across the whole site encompassing design, manufacturing, purchasing and sales. Following a demanding audit schedule, we are pleased to announce that Omega Engineering Services is fully approved to AS9100 Rev D”.
AS9100 Rev. D Downloadable Guide
To mark the award, Omega Engineering Services has created a downloadable guide that provides an overview of the AS9100 Rev D, the latest revisions and changes of the standard, including the process of application, review and certification.
Included in this guide:
- What is the AS9100 Rev D?
- Why did the AS9100 need to change?
- Latest revisions and changes
- Process of application, review and certification
- How this standard benefits your organisation
AS9100 Rev D facts
- OES are the 1st company in Cheltenham to achieve the new standard
- OES are the 2nd company in Gloucestershire to achieve the new standard
- OES are the 4th company in the South West to achieve the new standard
- OES are the 47th company out of 4000 in the UK to achieve the new standard
- OES are one of 535 companies worldwide to achieve the new standard, within the 2.5% of 20,000 companies (currently listed on the IAQGwebsite for AS9100) worldwide to be certified to the new Rev D standard
About Omega Engineering Services
Our expertise includes power control & management systems, design and manufacture of automated test equipment (ATE), mobile test units, as well as embedded software, precision engineered assemblies and production test equipment.